Saturday, October 10, 2009

Don't you guys have a tv???

Well, this past June number 5 arrived. We named him Tuff. There is a story behind the name and since Tuff isn't very old to be doing the wild things the others are I will tell you a bit about his name. Tuff Oliver Abel Holmes, Abel is the biblical name we chose for him, Oliver was my daddy's and gran-daddy's middle name and Tuff was a "t" name like all the boys in our house have but it was also because we had such a tough pregnancy. I was having a great deal of stress during this time, the doctor was warning me about it. My mom was diagnosed with Alzheimer's, she had a mini-stroke and we were in school full time. Our oldest was graduating from high school, we were having financial difficulties, just basic everyday life troubles. Family and everyone we came in contact with would ask us these questions that would just make my skin crawl, "Don't you guys have a TV" or "Are you getting your tubes tied" or "Is this your last?" We started telling everyone it wasn't our last, we were trying to keep up with the Duggars. Or better yet, we were no longer Baptist, but now we were Catholic or Mormon who are known for their large families.
Up until the time when we went in for the section (3 weeks early) we were having tough things happen. The main water line broke in the city and the hospital had no water when they came to get me for surgery, there was mud running out of the faucet in our room. Then there was a power outage and we didn't have a/c for 3 hours in the room. That is were the name Tuff originated from.
We were going to call him Abel, but my mother said, "I don't care what you call him, I am calling him Tuff." It stuck.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I enjoy what you have been writing. I presented you with an award that you can get here http://bendigosrage.blogspot.com/2009/10/how-awesome-is-this.html . Keep up the good blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi
    your the first girl ive read say ''we''
    everyone says i this , i that.
    Im alone so i say i alot :)
    that being said, i am happy to see you made thru that hospital visit, thats a heck of day. congrats on T5 :)

    ReplyDelete