Sunday, September 27, 2009

History lesson 1

I grew up basically an only child even though I have two older sisters and an older brother. They are really old enough to be my parents with the closest one to my age having a 15 year difference. I always that I missed out on having the sibling rivalry that others had and the closest I came to that problem was with my nieces and nephews. Christmas was not a really big ordeal with just me being the only kid in the house. We did the tree, dinner and gifts but that was it for years.
Fast forward a few years, I am now 16 and pregnant. I was starting my own family now. Me and Tim were very young (and dumb) with very limited finances and resources. On December 24, 1990, introducing baby number 1, Hannah Elisabeth. We had said after we had this baby that we would wait until we had enough money before we would ever venture down this road again. Nine years later we realized that there is no way we would or could ever have enough money for a child. So in comes baby number 2, Abigail Grace. By this time we had decided we wanted a large family. When we were grandma and grandpa we wanted a house full. Kids, grand kids and eventually great grands. Sounds wonderful.
In 2003 we had our first son, Timothy Kyzar Holmes. We figured the spacing was a good thing. Timing was right, we weren't getting any younger. God knows what He is doing in these matters, He is the giver of life and not us.
Two years later, in 2005, we have Titus Brady Holmes or as I like to call him Ty Brady. He is the wild man. Joking with people we would say, "If we woulda had him first there woulda been no more!" Deciding that this would more than probably be out last we called it quits. Or so I thought. In 2008 we learned that we were expecting number 5, through no fault of our own. (wink wink) Talk about people and their comments that must have sounded good in their heads but not coming out of their mouth. We heard everything from,"are you guys Catholic" to "don't you have a TV?" People can be so rude! We didn't see this much rudeness when we had Hannah in our teen years.
In June 2009 with an already large family waiting on his arrival, in strolls Tuff Oliver Abel Holmes. Yes, you read it right. His name is Tuff (that story is another blog for another day).
Now we are a family of 7, not counting the pets that my kids think should be added into that equation. So begins life at The Crazy H....

No comments:

Post a Comment